Do you find yourself getting stressed about all the demands from your kids? Here are a few tips to get you through the day....
- Remember you are the adult in the family - don't let the kids take over.
- Slow things down - one step at a time. Don't try and deal with multiple issues or demands at once. Take them one by one and they'll seem less overwhelming.
- Recognise the patterns of your children's behaviour and try to plan and prepare before the demands mount.
- Stay calm at all times and if you can't - take a few minutes and leave the room to breathe.
- Find something that works for you as a stress relief (cup of tea / hot bath / walk outside etc) and make sure you prioritise some time for yourself.
More tips to follow in our next blog....